CYBER LOVER EPISODE 22 & 23 - STORIES UPDATE STORIES UPDATE: CYBER LOVER EPISODE 22 & 23


Saturday, September 12, 2020

CYBER LOVER EPISODE 22 & 23



Episode 22

She was neatly and casually dressed in a
black three-quarter and a small pink-colored
T-shirt. Jane was right; she had emaciated
and looked so fragile. He warned his instincts
not to allow sympathy to take over empathy.
The sight of her as she opened the door, her
gentle feminine voice, the way she‟d walked to
the sofa and her whole attitude all got the
whole receptors in Michael‟s sense organs
alert and excited. He deeply felt he was falling
in love with this girl. “Forgive my visiting you
without prior notification. I was just passing
by and decided to check on my patient,” he
said. “You didn‟t have to bother yourself. Like
I told you on the phone, I have long recovered
from the faint and since then, have remained
in sound health.” “Yes, I wanted to see for
myself and…” “I hope you are satisfied Mr.
Black,” she cut in, smiling. He looked around
the apartment, obviously bent on ignoring her
pleasant rudeness. “Please call me Michael.
Nice apartment you‟ve got here. Where is your
friend, Jane?” “She went for shopping,” she
said. Michael had expected this kind of
reaction from her.
He looked into her eyes – they were empty, far
away and disinterested. “Honestly, Brenda, I
am not satisfied with the way you look…so
pale.” “Thanks for your observation, but I
don‟t think you should allow it to concern
you,” she said, still pleasant but very rude.
“What do you do for a living, Brenda?” He
changed the subject. She didn‟t expect the
question. She was actually expecting a
reaction to her rude answers. “I teach in a
primary school while on job-hunt. Right now
the schools are on holiday.” “Holiday, right?
So how do you spend your leisure?” he gently
asked. “All alone. I like being alone, Mr. Black,
forgive me, Michael.” “Alone? Isn‟t that unfair
to so many people out there who would have
benefited from you company?”
“Michael, I must appreciate you for your help
a few days ago. I am afraid that that is all I
can do and can‟t pay you back in any other
way,” she tried to assuage, again hating
herself for the rude nature of this reaction. “I
am not asking you to pay me anything, I…”
“What do you want from me, Michael?
Friendship? I can‟t even afford that now!”
Brenda was beginning to wonder where all the
rude remarks from her were coming from. He
continued to observe her. God, she was
beautiful. Then he said. “Brenda, people meet
people at different circumstances. Ours was
very unique. I can still see you falling by the
side of that road. I remember being so
alarmed and carrying you to the car, and since
then, something deep within me wants to
reach out and be there for you. I don‟t know
what you might have gone through in life but
I want to be your friend, a real friend.
I want to carry your burden just the way I
carried you to that car.” “I am not in need of
help,” she replied. He sounded very honest
and true. But isn‟t that how they all sounded
at first? She must be on her guard for this
one. “You can actually help me by leaving
right now, Michael. I want to be alone.” Of
course, she was reacting exactly the way
Michael had expected her to. “Yes, I already
wanted to leave.” He stood up. “Tell Jane I
called and have a nice day, Brenda.” He was
just about to open the door when Jane walked
in. “Hi, Jane I was asking Brenda about you.
She had been nice company. I am just about
leaving, see you some other time. Bye.”
“Alright, Michael. Sorry I wasn‟t around. Bye,”
said Jane. He walked out of the house. He
was going to map out a new strategy after
talking to Jane on the phone again. * * *
Jane was confused. She didn‟t know what
happened between Brenda and Michael. She
wished she had come home earlier to witness
their conversation. She looked at Brenda who
was just staring at the television. She looked
angry. “Are you alright?” she wanted to know.
“Yes. I am okay.” “I wish I was here when he
came. I hope he did not upset you?” This as
she walked over to sit down close to her
friend. “As a matter of fact, he did.” Brenda
was holding back a smile, but this her friend
had no inkling of. Served her right for setting
her up with Michael! she thought, thinking
that Jane was trying to make them lovebirds.
However, Jane was alarmed. She had trusted
Michael not to upset Brenda. This was a big
disappointment. “How?” “I asked him to leave,”
Brenda said, ignoring Jane‟s question. “I don‟t
want him to come here again.” “What
happened, Brenda? Why don‟t you want
Michael to come back again? I thought he was
a nice guy and he said you were nice
company.” “I don‟t want him or anybody to
come around. I just want to be left alone.”
And all of a sudden, she began to sob! That
was surprising even to her. What in the world
had gotten over her? “Brenda, can you please
tell me what Michael did to you?” pressed a
very anxious Jane. “It‟s not about Michael.
It‟s about all men. I am tired of falling victim,
I am tired of being used and dumped. He was
being so nice and that was more upsetting
because I know he will want to deceive me
again.” “Did he ask you out?” asked her
puzzled friend. “No, he said he wanted to be a
friend, but I know he has a hidden agenda. He
acted so real and I hate him for that. Please I
don‟t want him coming around anymore.”
“That‟s alright,” said Jane, bringing Brenda to
her bosom. At least she was communicating
with her. “Let‟s forget about Michael for now
and talk about something else.








Episode 23
I bought you your favorite biscuit.” She
searched through her bag and brought out a
packet of Cream Crackers. “Thank you, Jane.”
Brenda collected the biscuit, opened it and
picked one out. “Can you get me a cup of
water, please?” Nodding, Jane immediately
left for the water. She was puzzled. She
wondered what Michael might have really
done to her friend. It had gotten Brenda angry,
yet it had brought her out of her shell.
Handing her friend the glass of water, she
watched her drink and eat the biscuit with
appetite for the first time since the breakup
with Adam. “He said that I looked pale and I
am sure that he might have noticed that I
have grown thinner!” complained Brenda. “He
said that? What else did he say?” “He said he
wanted to take away my burden, he sounded
so caring.” “And what was your reaction to
that?” Jane probed. “Nothing. I just want to
be left alone.” “Did he tell you how beautiful
you looked?” “No.” Brenda looked up at her,
puzzled. “Why?” “Nothing.”
Jane was lost in thought. After some seconds
she said, “Brenda, don‟t you think it‟s time
you put the past behind you?” I know it is not
easy but you just have to try. I know you loved
Adam, but given what he had done to you,
isn‟t it obvious that he is not worth all this
stress? You shouldn‟t be antagonistic to guys
especially someone like Michael. Be friendly to
him at least for his kindness towards you. I
am not saying that you should just open up
to anybody but you need to stop acting like a
child and be the nice girl you are. God knows
what you want and I am sure that he will give
it to you. I don‟t like the idea of you wanting
to be alone; it shows my Brenda has accepted
defeat. Everybody needs love. Show me
anyone who rejects love and I will show you a
disturbed person. Don‟t you have hope that
sweet love might come some day?” “I do.”
Brenda‟s reply was innocent enough.
“Then fantasize about it instead of dwelling
on the past.” “What do I do, Jane? I am so
confused. I….” And she stopped short of
opening up about her new nightly experiments.
“You are now more experienced than most
girls out there. Use your discretion, carefully
make friends and follow your heart. Open up
your heart and I believe true love will come.”
“Oh, Jane, why can‟t I have a perfect
relationship like you and Brad?” mused her
friend. “Now there you go again. You must
have to stop complaining and be strong.”
Jane had made sure that her relationship with
Brad was seldom mentioned since the
breakup. This had been one of the reasons she
had not really encouraged Brad to come
around. She had hoped that Brenda does not
take the fact that her relationship was more
successful into cognizance.
That evening Brenda was different. At least,
she cheered up a little. Jane didn‟t know if
she should give the credit to Michael or
herself but she was sure something about
Michael had influenced the change.


TBC


Copy the link below and Share with your Friends:

Download Our Official Android App on Google Playstore HERE
OR
Download from another source HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment